Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Consultation Scheduled!

Today was a good day, in more ways than one.

First, I called into my surgeon's office to verify that they got my paperwork. (Sidenote: I learned yesterday that my printer can also be used a fax machine, so instead of dealing with trying to send my paperwork via email for the fourth time - seriously - I faxed that sucker off and it went off without a hitch.) Anyway, I called and I scheduled my consultation for April 3rd! I wanted to get in early, wishful thinking, but I took the first appointment that they had available. I'll have to take the day off of work because I have to drive two hours to my surgeon's office, but I don't want to wait any longer. I'll be meeting with the surgeon and the dietician on that day. All I need to do now is schedule the psych (I totally typed psycho there) evaluation, which I can do here in my city. Hoping to have the done by the time I go see my surgeon so I can schedule my surgery!

I'm really hoping for a surgery in late April/early May. If I don't schedule it then, I will have to wait until June because I am going to Paris at the end of May, and it would get in the way of doctor's appointments/surgery recovery time/the liquid phase. My husband is coming with me to my appointment and I'm a little afraid that I will start crying, which happened to me at the first seminar I went to, and that will be a little embarrassing. Ah, emotions.

Second, non-WLS related, I got news that we might close on our house a week early! I'm pretty stoked about this, and it could happen the same week that I have my consultation. Can you say, YAY?! Two awesome things happening in the same week!

Finally, today is Tuesday and that means I only have three more days of work this week - but Friday is just finals for my students. Then my husband and I are going to a painting class on Friday night... that should be... interesting...

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited to hear how this goes. I hope that its super smooooth and wonderful. I am also crossing my fingers for you and the house! Sounds like you have lots of things to look forward to in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week indeed! You had me at PARIS!! So incredible. Paris is at the top of my list. I've been once, but I was too young to fully appreciate it.

    I love that you are blogging. I'm so excited for everything headed your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I'm very excited about Paris, but really hoping I can get my surgery before I go! I hope it works in my favor :-)

    ReplyDelete